100 Good Cookies
These easy to make cookies are called 100 Good Cookies. It is the best cookie recipe, new to me, that I have tried in a while.
Here is a warning: these cookies are very addictive!
A good friend of mine brought some of her 100 Good Cookies for a snack, and because they are so delectable, she very graciously was willing to share this recipe from her drop cookie recipes file with me.
For this recipe you will need Rice Krispies, coconut and rolled oats.
To make these cookies, my friend substitutes vegetable shortening for the butter in the recipe. I made them using butter and really could not tell the difference in taste.
So the next time I bake them, to add to my "basket of cookies", I will use vegetable shortening instead also, in order to make a healthier cookie.
These easy to make cookies are so delicious and hard to resist. They disappear very quickly at my house.
I made them about 1 1/2 inches across and ended up with 64 cookies.
In order to get 100 cookies, you would have to make them about 1 inch across.
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3-3 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter, oil and sugars.
- Add egg and beat in.
- Add Rice Krispies, coconut and rolled oats, stir in.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine soda, salt, cream of tartar and flour, combine well.
- Stir dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix well.
- Using 2 teaspoons, drop small mounds onto ungreased cookie sheets, press together lightly, as dough will be slightly crumbly, flatten with fork.
- Bake @350F about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Top of 100 Good Cookies
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page