Apple Muffin Recipe
This apple muffin recipe is easy to put together with ingredients already in your kitchen.
A very good breakfast muffin recipe, nice and moist. You will need 2 apples for these fresh apple muffins.
You can also use this as a basic dough for other fruit muffin recipes. Adding chopped pecans or walnut pieces is very good too.
This healthy muffin recipe will make 12 very tasty apple streusel muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 cup apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 chopped nuts, optional
- Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. melted butter or margarine or oil
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium size bowl.
- In another bowl combine the milk, oil and slightly beaten eggs.
- Add the liquid mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Only combine until slightly moistened.
- Fold in the apples and nuts, if using.
- Spoon batter into 12 paper lined muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with mixture of streusel topping.
- Bake @375F for about 20 minutes until muffins are lightly browned.
Top of Apple Muffin Recipe
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page
Hardened icing sugar
place between 2 sheets of wax paper
roll with rolling pin, then put through a sieve
Hardened brown sugar
place pieces of fresh apple in a plastic bag
add some hardened brown sugar and seal bag tightly
let sit for a few hours
the sugar will absorb the moisture from the apple pieces
before you put sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill it with hot water
pour out the hot water, but don't dry the cup
next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it will come right out
Reheating refrigerated bread
to warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated
place them in a microwave with a cup of water
the increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster
heat up leftover pizza in a non-stick skillet on top of the stove
set temperature to med-low and heat till warm
this will keep the crust crispy