Apple Oat Crisp
Apple oat crisp is very easy and quick to make. Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream or with a little cream milk poured over it.
Apples are such a reasonably priced healthy fresh fruit and available all year round, so they should be eaten in one form or another often.
This apple crisp made with oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter, really is an easy dessert to make and enjoyed by young and old.
- 3-4 apples, about 5 cups, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter or spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Wash, peel, core and slice apples.
- Add to baking dish.
- Sprinkle water over top.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add butter or margarine in small pieces, cut into dry mixture until it resembles a crumble.
- Pour over apples in dish.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, until apples are cooked and top is browned.
Top of Apple Oat Crisp
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page
To change the flavor of your baking, add one different spice. Use only a small amount. For instance:
dried for baking
star anise is even better than regular
for sweet dishes, puddings, sweet soups and sauces, baking
use whole, chopped or ground fine
soups, sauces, vegetables, dumplings, meatballs
do not boil
powdered for baking, canning fruit like pumpkin and pears
fresh in stir fries and rice dishes
whole or powdered for sauces, vegetables, meat and fish dishes, baking