Authentic Beef Stroganoff Recipe
This authentic beef stroganoff recipe is absolutely delicious served over broad cooked noodles, with cooked peas and a salad as side dishes.
In this recipe for beef stroganoff, the beef strips are marinated in Sherry cooking wine for about 6 hours, so a tougher cut of meat like slices of an eye round beef roast or tip beef roast can be used.
I usually buy a larger eye round roast and cut 1/4" slices off the end, then cut into strips and marinate for this quick beef stroganoff recipe, making it a very economical dish to enjoy.
- 1 lb. sliced beef, cut into strips and marinated in 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine for 6 hours
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. beef broth granules
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup combined liquid (sherry and water)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- Drain meat, save marinate to a measuring cup, if needed add water to make 1/2 cup of liquid, set aside.
- Dredge meat strips with the flour.
- In pan over medium heat, melt butter or margarine.
- Add beef strips and minced onion, brown well while stirring.
- Add mushrooms, garlic powder, beef granules and pepper.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup combined liquid, cook until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, stir in the sour cream.
- Gently reheat but do not boil as the sour cream would curdle.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
Top of Authentic Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Back To Easy Beef Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page