Baked Barbeque Chicken
This barbeque chicken recipe for baked barbeque chicken is oh so finger licking good and very tasty.
Served with a side dish of fried rice and a salad or cooked veggies, it really is a great meal. During the summer I often serve this dish with potato salad.
In order to make this oven barbeque chicken recipe, you will need a little more time, as the chicken is fried crisp first, then placed in a baking dish with the sauce and baked for about an hour.
This recipe can also be used to make bbq chicken wings or chicken drumsticks and can be served hot or cold.
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. frying chicken, cut into serving size pieces
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or 1/2 tsp. chicken granules dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with garlic salt and let stand for 1 hr.
- In large pan heat the oil over medium heat.
- Coat chicken pieces with cornstarch, then dip into egg and fry until brown.
- Transfer to baking dish and pour sauce mixture over chicken pieces.
- Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes, turning chicken pieces over after 25- 30 minutes.
Top of Baked Barbeque Chicken
Back To Quick Easy Chicken Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page