Basic Meatball Recipe
This is a basic meatball recipe which I use all the time to turn into a German meatball dish which you will find listed separately.
This easy meatball recipe can be used for any meatball dish you would like to make and works well with any sauce recipe for a quick and easy meal.
A whole egg can be used instead of just egg white, depending on the dish you are making.
One pound of hamburger will make 8 medium size meatballs or 16 smaller ones.
- 1/2 lb. beef hamburger, lean or extra lean
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tbsp. rolled oats
- 1 egg white or 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Mix all ingredients together lightly.
- Let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Form into meatballs to your preferred size.
- Use freshly made up or freeze on a cookie sheet for later use.
Top of Basic Meatball Recipe
Back To Hamburger Meat Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page