Bechamel Sauce Recipe
This Bechamel Sauce recipe is an excellent mildly flavored white cream sauce which is very nice served over meatballs.
Some cooks also use bechamel sauce as an accompaniment to hot boiled, sliced potatoes, or instead of hollandaise sauce with steamed asparagus.
This sauce recipe will make 2 cups.
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Melt butter or margarine over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, then the milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir or whisk constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and nutmeg.
- If a thinner sauce is desired, add more broth or milk during simmering.
Top of Bechamel Sauce Recipe
Back To Meatball Sauces
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page