Beef Chuck Steak Recipe
This beef chuck steak recipe is tender, tasty and quick to prepare with its own gravy.
It is a great economical steak dish to cook with a less expensive cut of beef steak.
Great served with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable for an excellent all round nutritious dinner.
- 1 1 lb. 3/4" thick chuck steak
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. beef granules, optional
- 1/2 bayleaf, optional
- Using a frying pan with lid, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the steak, trimmed of fat, and brown on both sides.
- Add onion and brown along with meat until golden.
- Season meat with season salt or salt and pepper, bayleaf (if using).
- Add water, cover and simmer for about 1 hour until tender.
- Remove meat from pan, keep hot.
- Stir 1 tbsp. flour into drippings in pan, add 1 cup water.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Add 1 tsp. beef granules, optional.
Top of Beef Chuck Steak Recipe
Back to Easy Beef Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page