Beef Noodle Recipe
This beef noodle recipe was created to use up leftover pot roast. It can also be made into a beef and noodle casserole, sprinkled with cheese if you prefer, and baked in the oven for about 1/2 hour, until heated through and cheese melts. Leftover veggies like peas, carrots or green beans could also be added to this casserole dish.
It is a very tasty left over roast beef recipe that will make 4 servings or more depending on what you add to it.
Serve with a green salad on the side for another great meal using leftover roast beef.
- 3 cups cooked broad noodles
- 1 1/2 cups cooked left over roast, in bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- left over gravy, if on hand
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook noodles as per package directions, drain and set aside.
- In medium pot, melt butter, add onions, cook until golden.
- Add mushrooms, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add thyme, tomato sauce and water, stirring.
- Bring to boil.
- Add leftover meat and gravy, combine well and heat through.
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked noodles, and heat through.
- Ready to serve.
- OR add all, including leftover veggies, to a greased casserole dish, sprinkle 1/2 cup grated cheese on top, bake at 350F for about 1/2 hour until heated through and cheese melts.
Top of Beef Noodle Recipe
Back to Easy Beef Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page