Beef Rib Roast Recipe
This beef rib roast recipe is for a prime rib roast, another wonderful choice for a holiday dinner.
As it is a rather costly roast to buy for an oven roast beef, I only make it for a very special occasion.
This simple roast beef recipe will give you very tender and juicy marbled slices of meat, similar to a juicy and tender steak in taste.
The roast beef cooking time for this 4 lb. prime rib roast is as follows, using an oven temperature of 325F (300F for convection):
- Rare: 25 minutes/lb.
- Medium: 30 minutes/lb.
- Well done: 35 minutes/lb.
Plus a standing time of 15 minutes (roast covered with foil on a plate).
My preference would be cooking the roast for 30 min/lb., as then the outside slices will be well done, and the rest of the roast from medium to fairly rare in the middle, so everyone can have their preferred choice from this great roast.
A 4 lb. Prime Rib Roast with bone will make 6-8 servings.
Here is how to cook roast beef this way:
- 4 lb. prime rib roast with bone
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt (like Montreal Steak Spice), or Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Wipe meat with wet paper towels and dry off.
- Place on rack of roasting pan.
- Peel garlic cloves, slice in half and rub roast all over with garlic slices.
- Insert slices into roast wherever there is an opening.
- Sprinkle whole roast with steak spices and freshly ground pepper, rub on well.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place roasting pan in center of oven for a beef roast cooking time of 2 hrs. for a medium done roast.
- Remove to plate and cover with foil for 15 minutes before carving.
Top of Beef Rib Roast Recipe
Back to Easy Beef Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page