Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe
This beef vegetable soup recipe is made by cooking beef short ribs, then adding vegetables for a very tasty and healthy beef vegetable soup.
Other kinds of vegetables could also be added for a different tasting soup, but this one is my favorite of vegetable beef soup recipes, making for quite a colorful and nutritious soup.
The recipe will make about 8 cups of tasty soup.
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. lean beef short ribs
- 5 cups cold water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 cup leeks, sliced thin
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, and juice
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed small
- 1 tsp. worchestershire sauce
- 2 cups green beans, frozen or fresh
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Rinse short ribs, place into large soup or stock pot.
- Add 5 cup cold water, salt, pepper corns and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil, simmer about 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove short ribs to plate to cool.
- Add all other ingredients to soup stock and bring to boil.
- Simmer for about 45 min. to an hour.
- In the meantime, remove all gristle and bone from short ribs.
- Cut lean meat into small pieces and add to simmering vegetables.
- Remove bay leaf and adjust taste.
- Ready to be served and enjoyed!
Top of Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe
Back to Easy Soup Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page