Best Buttercream Frosting
I find this is the best buttercream frosting to ice the poppy seed cake recipe which you will find under the listings for cakes.
This homemade frosting is light, creamy and fluffy, a wonderful easy buttercream frosting to make and not super rich or sweet.
As it is a white vanilla frosting recipe it also looks nice as icing on a chocolate cake, for that light and dark color effect.
It is also a very, very good frosting recipe for an angel food cake because of its lightness.
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In a small saucepan, whisk the flour and milk together.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, cream softened butter, shortening and icing sugar.
- Beat 4 minutes.
- Add the milk and flour mixture one tablespoon at a time.
- Beat another 4 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Spread on cake.
Top of Best Buttercream Frosting
Back To Cake Frosting Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page