Best Crab Cake Recipe
This best crab cake recipe is very good and quite easy to prepare, but it takes a little time to make, as they are fried in small batches.
This recipe will make 16 2" crab cakes, or I prefer to make about 30 1" cakes.
It is another excellent choice of crab meat recipes transformed into appetizers, which seem to disappear quickly at any gathering.
It is a great party food appetizer!
- 1 7 oz. pkg. frozen crab meat, thawed
- 1/3 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. horseradish sauce
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Drain thawed crab meat, remove cartilage. Press firmly to remove liquid.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add chopped peppers, onions, egg, 2 tbsp. breadcrumbs, mayo and horseradish.
- Place remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Form crab meat mixture into 16 even balls.
- Roll in breadcrumbs, flattening the balls to 2 inch diameters.
- In large frying pan heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat, cook crab cakes in batches, adding oil as needed, until nice and brown on both sides. About 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with crab cake sauce.
Top of Best Crab Cake Recipe
Back to Quick Easy Appetizers
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page