Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
If you are looking for the best oatmeal raisin cookies, try this soft oatmeal raisin cookies recipe.
These healthy oatmeal raisin cookies are good to have on hand and can also be frozen.
Another good choice of drop cookie recipes, for easy to make cookies.
This recipe will make about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 5 tbsp. raisin juice mixed with 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Simmer raisins in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain raisin liquid into a bowl and save.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat in.
- Sift flour with salt and cinnamon into a smaller bowl.
- Starting with flour mixture, add alternately with raisin juice mixture to creamed shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in oats, raisins and vanilla, combine well.
- Using 2 spoons, drop dough about 1 inch apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake @350 F about 12-15 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
Top of Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page
To change the flavor of your baking, add one different spice. Use only a small amount. For instance:
dried for baking
star anise is even better than regular
for sweet dishes, puddings, sweet soups and sauces, baking
use whole, chopped or ground fine
soups, sauces, vegetables, dumplings, meatballs
do not boil
powdered for baking, canning fruit like pumpkin and pears
fresh in stir fries and rice dishes
whole or powdered for sauces, vegetables, meat and fish dishes, baking