Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
This Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole is another very tasty dish to serve especially to those that are not great vegetable fans.
The veggies in this casserole are combined with a cheese and mushroom sauce.
This dish tastes great with pasta or potatoes and any kind of meat or fish. As it is a saucy dish, no gravy is needed.
The recipe will make 6-8 servings.
- 2 pkgs. frozen broccoli
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 can milk
- 1/4 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 tsp. M.S.G., optional
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1/4 lb. sliced mushrooms (1 can)
- Put frozen broccoli, chopped onions and chopped cauliflower into a greased casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat blend the butter and flour.
- Stir in mushroom soup, milk, cheese, almonds, M.S.G., sherry and mushrooms.
- Stir constantly until thickened and near boiling.
- Pour evenly over vegetables in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for about 1 hour if casserole was refrigerated, or 45 minutes if baked immediately.
Top of Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
Back To Easy Casserole Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page