Broccoli Casserole Recipe
This Broccoli Casserole Recipe makes a tasty side dish for any meal, but especially if there is no gravy, as it has a cheese and mushroom sauce. The almonds and buttered breadcrumbs give it a nice topping.
It can be prepared ahead of time, refrigerated, then popped in the 350F oven about 45-55 minutes before needed.
It is a large recipe which will serve 8 to 10 people.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups broccoli, bite size pieces
- 1 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 7 oz. cheese spread
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup buttered breadcrumbs
- Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Spoon into a large greased casserole baking dish.
- Steam broccoli pieces until crunchy.
- Add to casserole dish.
- Add mushrooms and 1/4 cup chopped almonds.
- In a separate bowl blend mushroom soup and cheese.
- Fold into casserole.
- Top with 1/4 cup chopped almonds and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, if previously refrigerated add another 10 minutes.
Top of Broccoli Casserole Recipe
Back to Casserole Dishes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page