Broccoli Salad Recipe
This Broccoli Salad Recipe is quite "tangy" and a little bit sweet, a real "pick me upper".
A great combination of fresh broccoli, raisins, sunflower seeds and bacon, with a dressing of Miracle Whip or mayo, sugar and apple cider vinegar, which also makes for a very healthy salad.
A good side dish especially if served along with corn-on-the-cob, potato salad and garlic bread, and it is also colorful on the plate.
It is easy to bring to a picnic and gets great reviews by both young and old.
This recipe will make 4-5 cups or 8-10 servings.
- 4 cups broccoli, stems & flowers
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp, drained & crumbled
- 1/2 cup raisins, washed, plummed & drained
- 1 tsp minced onion, optional
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayo or miracle whip
- Wash broccoli, cut into bite size pieces, and put into bowl.
- Add the toasted sunflower seeds, plummed raisins and minced onion.
- In a small bowl whisk the sugar, vinegar & mayo until well mixed.
- Add to ingredients in broccoli bowl.
- Lightly combine all.
- Refrigerate for several hours to blend flavors.
- Add bacon just before serving.
Top of Broccoli Salad Recipe
Back To Best Salad Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page