Brown Sugar Shortbread Recipe
This brown sugar shortbread recipe is another well liked butter shortbread recipe good to add to the assortment of festive cookies.
Its also one of the quick, easy cookie recipes to have on hand year round, as brown sugar shortbread cookies are a nice quick treat to go with that great cup of tea or coffee.
This recipe will make about 60 cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Add egg and flavorings, beat well.
- Slowly add flour and baking powder while mixing well.
- Put through cookie press onto ungreased baking sheet, or on floured surface, pat into thickness of your choice and cut with a small shortbread cutter dipped in flour.
- Bake @ 375 F for 9-10 minutes.
Top of Brown Sugar Shortbread Recipe
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page
Hardened icing sugar
place between 2 sheets of wax paper
roll with rolling pin, then put through a sieve
Hardened brown sugar
place pieces of fresh apple in a plastic bag
add some hardened brown sugar and seal bag tightly
let sit for a few hours
the sugar will absorb the moisture from the apple pieces
before you put sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill it with hot water
pour out the hot water, but don't dry the cup
next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it will come right out
Reheating refrigerated bread
to warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated
place them in a microwave with a cup of water
the increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster
heat up leftover pizza in a non-stick skillet on top of the stove
set temperature to med-low and heat till warm
this will keep the crust crispy