Brushetta Topping Recipe
Here is a great brushetta topping recipe, contributed by my daughter Erika, which we enjoy often all summer long.
A quick and easy, very tasty topping you might like to try, using fresh tomato, avocado, basil and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
We like making these appetizers using Italian bread sliced about 3/4" thick, brushed with a little olive oil and lightly toasted.
For easy to make appetizers which are a refreshing summertime appetizer favorite, try this tasty recipe.
- 4-6 plum tomatoes, Roma are good
- 1 avocado
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch black pepper
- Coarsely chop tomatoes.
- Peel and cut avocado into 1/4' cubes.
- Add to tomatoes in bowl.
- Lightly stir in all other ingredients.
- Pile on toasted Italian bread slices.
Top of Brushetta Topping Recipe
Back to Quick Easy Appetizers
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page