Brussel Sprouts Recipes
Of all the brussel sprouts recipes, this one has a tasty cheese sauce, is excellent as a side dish, and even enjoyed by the brussel sprout sceptics.
This recipe for brussel sprouts originated with my son Andrew, who is a great cook in his own right.
A festive meal would not be the same without a side dish of these baked brussel sprouts.
So here is how to cook brussel sprouts for this great recipe.
Andy's Brussel Sprouts
- 2 lbs. frozen brussel sprouts
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook sprouts as per pkg. directions and drain.
- Make sauce by melting butter, adding flour and whisking until bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and bring to boil until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in mustard, salt, pepper nutmeg and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Grease a 9x12" casserole baking dish.
- Add drained brussel sprouts to dish.
- Pour sauce evenly over brussel sprouts.
- Sprinkle rest of cheese on top.
- Bake in 375 F oven for 30 minutes.
- Broil top to brown.
- Ready to serve and enjoy!
Top of Brussel Sprouts Recipes
Back to Easy Vegetable Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page