Canning Chili Sauce
Here is my recipe for canning chili sauce which I have made every year for the last 35 years.
Actually a home canning tomato sauce, which uses up a lot of those ripe garden tomatoes.
It comes in very handy to have on hand and ready to go for that satisfying pot of chili.
I combine this canned chili sauce recipe with the canned dried beans recipe, adding browned hamburger meat, etc. for an easily assembled, taste good chili.
A great home canning recipe to make, using the water bath canning method.
- 18 tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cups white or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. pickling salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 2 cups white vinegar (5% acid)
- Peel and chop tomatoes.
- Chop peppers and onions fine.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and boil slowly for approximately 4 hours, or until desired thickness, stirring often so it does not scorch.
- Pour into prepared sterilized jars while boiling.
- Clean rims of jars well, and seal.
- Process in canner of boiling water for 25 minutes.
Top of Canning Chili Sauce
Back to Canning Foods
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page