Canning Dill Pickles 2
This canning dill pickles 2 recipe is the other dill pickle recipe I make every year.
It is a mildly flavored dill pickle, a little sweet, a great keeper and nice change from the regular dill pickle recipe.
This home canning recipe uses 2 quart sealers and the water bath canning method.
Another great pickle canning recipe.
- Heads of dill
- Cooking onions, cut in quarters and peeled
- Brown sugar
- Pickling salt
- whole allspice
- Bay leaves
- White 5% acid vinegar
- At bottom of each sterilized 2 quart sealer put a head of dill and a 1/4 onion.
- Fill with clean, washed cucumbers.
- 2 heaping tbsp. of brown sugar
- 2 level tsp. pickling salt
- 5 whole allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- Add as much dill as possible down the sides of jar.
- 5 cups water to 1 cup vinegar
- Boil 5 minutes, pour over contents in jars, seal.
- Stand jars in canner in very hot water until the cukes turn golden. Do not boil.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Top of Canning Dill Pickles 2
Back to Canning Foods
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page