Canning Dill Pickles
This is a great recipe for canning dill pickles which can be done using gallon canning jars, or any old canning jars you have on hand, as long as they are not chipped, well cleaned and have been sterilized.
If you have a dishwasher, you can sterilize all glass jars using the sani-clean cycle or the hottest water setting. or boil jars for 5 minutes to sterilize them.
So here is my way of pickle canning, which is easy to do making for great tasting dill pickles.
- Approximately 5 quarts cucumbers
- 3 quarts water
- 1 quart white vinegar (5%)
- 1 cup pickling salt
- 1 head dill for each quart jar or 4 heads for 1 gallon jar
- 5 pearl onions per quart jar, 20 per gallon jar
- 1 clove of garlic per quart jar, 4 per gallon jar
- Wash the cucumbers well.
- Pack into clean jars with dill, onions and garlic.
- Mix water, vinegar and salt, boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove any scum that forms.
- Pour over cucumbers in jars and seal.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Allow about a month to cure before use.
Top of Canning Dill Pickles
Back to Canning Foods
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page