Canning Dried Beans
This recipe for canning dried beans uses white, dried small beans, and will make 11 one quart sealers of home canned pork and beans.
They are very good, great to have on hand, and can be served hot or cold as a side dish.
Combined with the canned chili sauce recipe and hamburger meat, you can create a great tasting, very satisfying frugal meal.
Here are the home canning instructions:
- 6 lbs. white beans, washed and soaked overnight, drained
- 2 cans tomato ketchup
- 1 cup fat pork, cut fine
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp. pickling salt
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar per quart sealer
- In a very large cooking pot combine the soaked and drained beans with the ketchup, pork fat, mustard and pickling salt.
- Add enough water to cover and boil gently for 2 hours.
- Keep covered with water all the time.
- Put into sterilized quart jars and add 1 tbsp. brown sugar per jar.
- Process in hot water bath canner for 3 hours.
Top of Canning Dried Beans
Back to Canning Foods
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page