Canning Pickled Eggs
Here is a great recipe for canning pickled eggs. If you are looking for an appetizer to have on hand, this is another good one, or even to have on hand just as a quick snack.
Pickled eggs have been popular for many years. They were a popular midnight snack at barn dances.......and were also served at many barn raising bees.
A great pure food to add to home canning recipes!
- 1 dozen eggs, hard cooked and shelled
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- 1 tsp. celery seeds
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp. pickling salt
- cheese cloth for spices
- Have a sterilized wide mouth canning jar ready.
- Pack shelled eggs into jar.
- Place spices in a cheesecloth bag, and tie shut
- Mix vinegar, water and salt in a pot.
- Add spice bag and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove spices, and cool liquid.
- Completely cover eggs in jar with cooled vinegar solution.
- Seal, and store in refrigerator.
- Let stand at least 2 days before serving.
Top of Canning Pickled Eggs
Back to Canning Foods
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page