Carrot Salad Recipe
This Carrot Salad Recipe is very tasty, easy to make, economical and also a healthy addition to any meal.
I like to serve it along with hamburgers or hot dogs for a balanced lunch.
The carrot coins should be boiled for 5 minutes, no longer, or they will be too soft. Then drained and rinsed with cold water to stop the cooking process.
This recipe will make about 5 cups, and keeps well for several days.
- 4 cups carrots, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/4" rings
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. catchup
- 1/2 tsp. season salt
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Wash and peel carrots, slice into 1/4" rounds.
- Cook in boiling water for 5 minutes, no longer.
- Drain into colander, then rinse with cold water, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine all sauce ingredients well.
- Put carrots, onion rings and green pepper strips into a medium size bowl.
- Pour sauce over and stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight for flavors to meld.
- Stir several times while marinating in refrigerator.
Top of Carrot Salad Recipe
Back To Best Salad Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page