Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
This is an excellent Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe, easy to make and elegant to serve to family or friends.
It is very tasty with the smoked ham and melted swiss cheese inside of it, then topped with the delicious chicken cordon bleu sauce which is included with this free recipe.
Excellent side dishes to serve along with this great recipe would be cooked asparagus and cooked rice.
The recipe makes 6 servings.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. pkg. Swiss cheese slices
- 6 oz. sliced cooked ham
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 6 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping tsp. chicken flavor granules
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Lay chicken breasts between 2 pieces of transparent paper.
- Gently pound with a mallet or edge of small plate until nicely flat and even.
- Remove top layer of paper.
- Fit ham and cheese slices on half of each piece of chicken.
- Fold chicken over to cover the ham and cheese.
- Secure edges with toothpicks.
- Combine flour and paprika in a flat dish.
- Dredge chicken rolls in the flour mixture.
- Melt butter or margarine over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Combine the water and chicken granules.
- Pour over chicken in pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Blend cornstarch and cream, stir into drippings in pan.
- Stir constantly until sauce has thickened, but do not boil.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve.
- Bon Appetit
Top of Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Back To Quick Easy Chicken Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page