Chicken fricassee is a very tasty excellent entree to make using boiled boneless skinless chicken breasts.
If you are cooking a pot of chicken soup following the recipe listed under soups, save the chicken breasts for this dish.
Skin and de-bone the cooked chicken, then cut up the meat from the chicken legs and wings, plus small pieces off the chicken carcass to add back into the chicken broth.
Save 2 cups of chicken broth plus the chicken breasts for this recipe.
It is a great way to stretch your food dollar for a super tasting meal.
This chicken recipe is delicious served with boiled rice and a green salad.
- 2 boiled boned and skinned chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz. can asparagus, stems and pieces, drained, saving the liquid.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. capers (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- In a medium sized pot, over medium high heat, melt the butter or margarine.
- Stir in the flour and cook until bubbly, do not brown.
- Add the liquid from the drained asparagus pieces, constantly stirring and chicken broth.
- Bring to boil, stirring, cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice, egg yolk, and capers (if using).
- Add chicken breasts and asparagus pieces.
- Gently combine all.
- Return to low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through. Do not boil.
Top of Chicken Fricassee
Back to Quick Easy Chicken Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page