Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe
This Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe is very tasty and easy to make. It is made using wild rice which gives it a lovely nutty flavor.
It does not take very long to put together with ingredients from your pantry and refrigerator.
It is a great one dish meal, which can quickly be reheated as needed for the family on the go.
This easy casserole will make 10-12 servings.
- 2/3 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, homemade or canned
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 4 oz. can mushrooms, drained and sliced
- 1/2 of 4 oz. jar pimento, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup almonds, slivered
- Wash rice under running water.
- Heat rice, water and 1 tsp. salt to boiling.
- Cover and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Drain in colander, rinse with cold water, drain well.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter or margarine.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, stir in chicken broth and milk.
- Return to medium heat, stir constantly until boiling.
- Boil for 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Add cooked rice, chicken, mushrooms, pimento, green pepper and almonds.
- Pour into greased large casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes, dish out and enjoy.
Top of Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe
Back To Easy Casserole Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page