Chicken Stew Recipe
I love making this chicken stew recipe, as it is very tasty, satisfying, healthy and easy to prepare.
It is a great chicken casserole dish to prepare as a sit down family meal or for those on the go, full of the goodness of vegetables.
It can also be made ahead of time, refrigerated and dished out and reheated as needed. Great for the family on the go.
This recipe will serve 4-6.
- 2 1/2-3 lbs. chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes or 4 tsp. granules
- 3 cups water
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1" pieces
- 8 small carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 6 small potatoes, cubed
- 1 12 oz. pkg. frozen peas
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup cold water
- Place chicken pieces in dutch oven.
- Add onions, salt, poultry seasoning, Bouillon cubes and 3 cups water.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until meat is soft.
- Remove from pan.
- Add celery, carrots, and potatoes, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile remove chicken meat from skin and bones.
- Return meat to pot with vegetables.
- Add peas.
- Cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Combine flour with 1 cup cold water.
- Stir into stew and cook a few minutes more over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy.
Top of Chicken Stew Recipe
Back to Casserole Dishes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page