Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
This is a very tasty and colorful chicken stir fry recipe to serve with cooked rice.
A good recipe for chicken breast and one of the quick chicken recipes you might want to save for yourself.
I needed to use up a green and a red pepper, so decided to slice up a boneless chicken breast, stir fry it, then added garlic, sliced onion, the cut up peppers, a can of pineapple tidbits and a few blanched almonds.
As you can see, it turned into a sweet and sour chicken recipe, a recipe for boneless chicken, and it was oh so good!
This made enough for 2 large servings.
Here it is to share with you:
- 1 tbsp. canola cooking oil or olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced lengthwise into thin slices
- 1 green pepper, washed and seeded, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 red pepper, washed and seeded, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 14 oz. can pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- Mix together:
- 1 heaping tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. chicken granules
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- juice from pineapple tidbits
- Heat oil in a 10" frying pan over medium high heat, add sliced chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add garlic and onions.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Saute with the chicken 4-5 minutes, do not brown.
- Add peppers and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add sauce mixture, stir to coat and cook until thickened.
- Stir in pineapple tidbits and almonds.
- Heat through while stirring a couple of times.
- If you prefer the sauce thinner, add a little water.
Top of Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Back to Quick Easy Chicken Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page