Cinnamon Bun Recipe
You will like this cinnamon bun recipe which is quick to make into great tasting easy cinnamon buns filled with brown sugar and raisins.
They are another good baked item to serve with that cup of coffee or tea, and kids really like them too.
This cinnamon buns recipe also freezes well, just re-heat for a few minutes as needed in oven or microwave.
For those that like a frosted cinnamon bun, drizzle or spread with a mixture of icing sugar mixed with a little vanilla and milk.
The recipe makes 24 buns.
- 4-5 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. instant dry yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Add flour, salt and yeast to a large mixing bowl. Stir.
- Heat water, milk and margarine to warm.
- Add sugar, stir well for sugar to dissolve.
- Stir in the beaten eggs.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients in bowl, stir in, then knead with kitchen machine until nice and elastic or knead dough on a slightly oiled surface.
- Return dough to bowl, cover with cloth and let rise until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and remove to a slightly oiled flat surface.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half into a 9x18 inch rectangle.
- Mix filling ingredients together, and spread half on each piece of dough.
- Roll into an 18 inch long log.
- Cut each log into 12 pieces.
- Place in 9x12 inch greased baking pans, cut side down, cover and let rise again until doubled in bulk, about an hour.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks for cooling.
- Serve plain or ice with a little frosting.
- If freezing them, do not ice.
Top of Cinnamon Bun Recipe
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page