Confetti Fried Rice
Confetti Fried Rice is a colorful Chinese fried rice recipe which can be a meal in itself, or served as a side dish.
An excellent recipe using brown rice (white rice can be substituted, if you prefer).
With its pieces of pineapple, shredded carrots, peas, egg and ham, it is a very tasty and healthy dish.
This fried rice recipe will make 6 servings.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 14 oz. can pineapple tidbits
- 3 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 lb. cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated or finely chopped ginger
- Cook rice as per package directions.
- Drain pineapple.
- Heat 1/2 tsp. oil in wok over low heat.
- Add egg and swirl around bottom of wok until egg sets in 6 inch pancake.
- Remove and cool, the cut into 1/8 inch strips.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over high heat.
- Stir fry carrot and garlic about one minute until tender.
- Add rice, stirring until grains separate.
- Reduce heat slightly.
- Mix in pineapple, ham, peas, onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce and ginger.
- Increase heat and heat through.
- Gently stir in egg strips.
- Ready to serve and enjoy!
Top of Confetti Fried Rice
Back to Easy Casserole Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page