Cooking carrots should be on our weekly menu as there are great health benefits of carrots.
So, say yes to carrots, and serve cooked carrots regularly. They are available all year long in your favorite grocery market and always reasonably priced.
As carrots are mildly flavored they are a good choice for vegetable side dish recipes.
Here is my version of a plain and simple carrot recipe to serve along with any kind of entree.
This recipe will serve 4 persons.
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh carrots, peeled and washed
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp. cold water
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Slice carrots into 1/4" rounds or cut into 2" long sticks.
- In a medium pot, melt butter or margarine and add prepared carrots.
- Sautee for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add water, salt, and sugar.
- Cover pot and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Carrots should be tender, but still have "bite" to them.
- Stir in the cornstarch and water mixture, cook until thickened, stirring.
- Remove from heat, adjust seasonings.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with a little fresh parsley.
Top of Cooking Carrots
Back to Easy Vegetable Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page