Crab Imperial Recipe
Here is my version of a very tasty crab imperial recipe for the seafood lovers among us.
A scrumptious crab casserole recipe presenting a nice change from meat casserole dishes.
This crab imperial also works well with imitation crab recipes, and is easy to make.
Serve spooned over linguine or spaghetti.
A green salad completes this crabmeat casserole meal.
This recipe will serve 4.
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk or 1/2 and 1/2 creammilk
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 8-10 oz. crab meat or imitation crab, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In medium pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, cook until it bubbles.
- Slowly stir in milk or half and half.
- Bring to boil until thickened, stirring.
- Remove from heat, add salt, pepper, dry mustard, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and mayo.
- Mix well.
- Add separated crab meat and combine gently with sauce mixture.
- Pour into baking casserole dish.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes @350F.
Top of Crab Imperial Recipe
Back to Easy Casserole Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page