Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
This Creamy Potato Soup Recipe is one of the cream soup recipes I make quite often. It is a quick and easy first course, but also goes well with any kind of sandwich.
It is a nice warmer upper kind of meal for the soup lovers in your household.
If you have your own homemade best chicken broth handy that's great or use chicken granules or bouillon cubes for this quick pick-me-upper.
Give it a try, you will make it over and over again.
This recipe will make 4 servings.
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. chicken bouillon granules or cubes
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan.
- Saute onion until tender.
- Add potatoes, water, salt and chicken bouillon granules.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Carefully mash potatoes in the liquid or puree in blender.
- Combine the milk and flour.
- Stir into potato mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring or whisking constantly until thickened and mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Top of Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
Back to Soups
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page