Crostini is somewhat similar to brushetta, but a warm appetizer baked in the oven for a few minutes for the cheese to melt.
A great quickly prepared appetizer recipe for any time, winter or summer.
- 12 slices french bread, about 3/4 inch thick
- 12 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil or oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Drain tomatoes, save oil.
- Chop tomatoes, add basil and garlic salt, combine.
- Stir in enough olive oil from tomatoes to make a thick spread.
- Toast bread slices on a baking sheet for about 15 minutes, turning over once.
- Remove bread from oven, lightly brush the bottom side with a little olive oil.
- Spread the tomato mixture evenly on the top side of the bread, cover with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Return to baking sheet, bake about 5 minutes for cheese to melt.
- Serve hot.
Top of Crostini
Back to Quick Easy Appetizers
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page