Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Here is a very easy hollandaise sauce recipe for you to try which tastes so very good served over freshly cooked asparagus.
I also like to make this sauce recipe with butter for a wonderful topping to poached eggs on toast or english muffins for extra special breakfasts.
The recipe makes about 1 cup.
Here is how to make hollandaise sauce:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2-1 tbsp. lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, cook until it bubbles.
- Slowly add 1 cup water, stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add pinch of salt, lemon juice, and egg yolk mixture.
- Stir well and bring back to heat through, but do not boil.
- Ready to be served.
Top of Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Back to Meatball Sauces and Others
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page