Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
Here is a wonderful, very easy pasta salad recipe which will make at least 10 servings, great to bring to a picnic gathering.
An excellent choice of cold pasta salad recipes, it could also be served on its own, especially if canned tuna or diced cooked ham is added to it.
It is one of my favorite recipes for a large pasta salad, colorful and very tasty, it might become one of your favorite salad recipes too.
- 1 2 lb. package of rigatoni or fusilli pasta, about 6 cups
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon or regular mustard
- 2 tsp. dried leaf oregano
- 2 tsp. celery salt or 3/4 tsp. regular salt
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 whole green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, cored and seeded, cubed small
- 12 oz. can corn niblets,drained or 2 cups frozen, cooked (optinal)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and boil vigorously, uncovered, over high heat until cooked al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size saucepan, cook peas in boiling water just until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Drain and immediately rinse with cold running water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- While peas and pasta are cooking, measure mayonnaise, oil, mustard and seasonings into a very large bowl. Add garlic. Whisk all until blended.
- As soon as pasta is cooked, drain well, but do not rinse. Immediately add hot pasta to mayonnaise mixture and stir until pasta is coated.
- Add thinly sliced green onions, red pepper pieces, peas and corn, if using. Mix in.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until cold. (Preferably overnight)
- Bring to room temperature just before serving.
- Taste and add more mayo or seasonings if necessary.
Top of Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
Back To Best Salad Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page