Easy Pie Crust Recipe
This is an easy pie crust recipe for a 9 or 10 inch pie.
It makes a flaky pie crust and truly is a never fail pie crust recipe.
If you do not want to make up a big batch of pie dough, try this recipe. Roll dough into one single layer to fit your pie pan or keep 1/3 of dough back for a top crust for the pie. It works well either way.
This pie crust recipe is very quick to make, especially if you use a food processor.
My favorite recipe for rhubarb custard pie.
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups shortening or lard
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- Cut shortening into flour until large pea size.
- Add butter and cut in until crumbly.
- Quickly add ice cold water mixed with vinegar.
- Combine all into a ball.
- Roll dough out to fit pie plate, or save 1/3 for top crust.
- Bake in 400 F oven for 15 minutes, or fill with desired filling, top with crust and bake.
Top of Easy Pie Crust Recipe
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page