Easy Pot Roast Recipe
There are different methods of how to make pot roast. Here is an easy pot roast recipe to produce a tender and tasty stove top pot roast.
This could be the Sunday beef pot roast recipe with leftovers for a beef and noodle dish or hot beef sandwiches for the following day.
It is an excellent pot roast recipe with great tasting gravy, using a less tender cut of beef like a boneless beef chuck roast or an inside round roast.
- 2 1/2 - 3 lb. beef boneless chuck or inside round roast
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped medium fine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a heavy pot or dutch oven, heat the oil and margarine over medium high heat.
- Add roast and brown well on all sides.
- Just before the last side is browned, add the onion and garlic to cook along until golden.
- Add bay leaf.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Add the cup of boiling water around the edges, not on the meat.
- Cover pot and simmer for 2 1/2 hrs. or until meat is tender.
- Turn roast over half way through cooking time.
- When roast is finished cooking, remove to a platter, cover with pot lid to keep hot.
- In a small bowl blend 1/4 cup flour with a pinch of salt, this prevents lumps from forming, then whisk in 1/4 cup cold water.
- Slowly whisk mixture into hot liquid in pot, stir until boiling.
- Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Slice roast and serve with gravy.
Top of Easy Pot Roast Recipe
Back To Easy Beef Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page