Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe
This fresh tomato salsa recipe is easy to make and very tasty, great served with corn or tortilla chips for a refreshing snack or appetizers.
A good, simple salsa recipe, nice to have on hand especially during summer when tomatoes and peppers are at their best.
This basic salsa recipe is best served the day it is made.
You may also want to check out my salsa recipe for canning, which comes in handy during the colder months of the year.
- 4-6 medium tomatoes, peeled, chopped and well drained
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp. jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Top of Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Combine all vegetables in a medium size bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard seeds, salt, sugar, lime juice and oil.
- Pour over vegetables and gently mix all together.
- Ready to be served.
Back to Quick Easy Appetizers
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page