German Cucumber Salad Recipe
For this German cucumber salad recipe it is best to use a hand held slicer (grater), or a slicing disc of a food processor so the cucumber slices will be nice and thin.
Also, a recipe for cucumber salad should only be prepared a short time before it is to be served, as the salt in a cucumber vinegar salad recipe draws a lot of liquid from the cucumbers and will make the salad harder to digest.
**Adding a little bit of oil to the cucumbers right after they are sliced will help prevent the water loss.
- 1 long English cucumber, peeled or unpeeled
- 1-2 tbsp. salad oil
- 1-2 tbsp. vinegar
- pinch of salt, pepper, and sugar
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley or dill
- Wash, peel and thinly slice cucumber OR leave skin on.
- Mix sliced cucumber immediately with 1-2 tbsp. oil
- In small bowl combine vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, sour cream, chopped onion and parsley or dill.
- Pour over cucumbers and gently mix all together.
- Ready to serve.
Top of German Cucumber Salad Recipe
Back to Best Salad Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page