Green Bean Salads
Green bean salads are always a nice side dish to have and can easily be taken to a picnic.
I make this recipe for bean salad using an oil and vinegar salad dressing, and sometimes vary it a bit by adding chopped red or green peppers or sometimes finely sliced red onions.
Vegetable salad recipes taste especially good when made with fresh vegetables as they come into season.
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- lightly salted boiling water
- a salad dressing recipe
- Wash beans and remove stem ends.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- Add to pot of rapidly boiling lightly salted water.
- Boil 3-5 minutes, until fork tender.
- Drain, immediately rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Transfer to bowl and toss with dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours so flavors can blend, stirring occasionally.
- This salad can also be made a day ahead of use.
- Add 2 tbsp. finely chopped red or green pepper.
- Add finely sliced red onion rings, cut into quarters.
- Add 1 tbsp. freshly chopped tarragon leaves or oregano.
- Add 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro.
- Any or all of the above would greatly enhance the flavor of the green bean salad.
Top of Green Bean Salads
Back To Salad Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page