Gumdrop cookies are a delightful little cookie loved by young and old.
This drop cookie recipe is easy to make and stores well in an airtight container, and tastes even better after a day or two as the flavors meld. But do not be surprised if these cookies disappear pretty quickly.
A great tasting cookie to have on hand not just for the holidays but year round.
An easy way to cut sticky gumdrops into small pieces is by using a cutting board with a little sugar on it, and dipping the knife blade into sugar while cutting. As you add the gumdrop pieces to the measuring cup, sprinkle a little more sugar amongst the pieces, stir gently, and they will not stick together.
This recipe will make 50-60 delicious cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups gumdrops, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp. milk
Top of Gumdrop Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease cookie sheets well.
- Have gumdrop pieces prepared.
- Measure flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl.
- In another bowl cream butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat in.
- Add vanilla, beat in.
- Add spoonfuls of flour mixture alternately with milk, ending with flour.
- Beat well after each addition, and scrape sides of bowl.
- Stir in gumdrop pieces.
- Using 2 teaspoons, drop heaps about 3/4 to 1 inch and an inch apart onto the well greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page