Hamburger Casserole Recipe
This hamburger casserole recipe is very tasty with a combination of ground beef, rice, cabbage and tomato soup.
I like to cook potatoes extra, on top of the stove, and serve them as a side dish, for this full course meal.
It is very easy to make, baked in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
The recipe will make 4-6 servings.
- 1 lb. hamburger (ground beef)
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. white rice, uncooked
- 1 10 oz. can tomato soup
- 1 soup can water
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds, optional
- Heat oil in frying pan, add hamburger and brown, adding onions towards end of browning.
- Remove from heat, and combine with the rice, tomato soup, water, and spices.
- Grease a medium size casserole dish.
- Add chopped cabbage to casserole dish, then top with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 325F.
Top of Hamburger Casserole Recipe
Back To Easy Casserole Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page