Hamburger Steak Recipes
There are different kinds of hamburger steak recipes you can prepare.
Most are easy hamburger recipes without a lot of additives.
This basic hamburger steak recipe only has a couple of spices gently mixed into the ground beef, then the meat is formed into flat rectangular shaped patties.
By adding different flavored gravies or sauces, you will change the taste of the dish.
Hamburger steak and gravy is a great main dish, often served with french fries or mashed potatoes and a side dish of your favorite vegetable.
A very satisfying easy recipe for hamburgers.
This recipe will make 4 servings.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Gently combine spices with ground beef.
- Form into a block, then cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Using a knife, flatten each piece into a rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan with lid over medium/high heat.
- Add patties and brown on both sides.
- Remove patties to plate and keep warm.
- Make gravy, return patties and juices that have formed to pan.
- Cover with lid and let simmer for 20-30 minutes, turning patties over after 15 minutes.
- Brown gravy with Mushrooms (my favorite)
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup water
- Add mushrooms to the oil and butter in pan.
- Cook until mushrooms brown.
- Sprinkle flour on top and stir in.
- Add water, stir until thickened.
- Return hamburger steaks to frying pan, cover with lid and simmer as mentioned above.
- Adjust seasonings.
- You could also add 1 tbsp. minced onion or a chopped tomato, some basil or oregano to totally change the flavor of the dish, or a sauce recipe listed under meatballl sauces.
Top of Hamburger Steak Recipes
Back to Hamburger Meat Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page