Homemade German Chocolate Cake
To make chocolate cake......oh, so delicious!
This recipe for homemade german chocolate cake has to be the best chocolate cake recipe ever.
It is a finely textured, moist pound cake recipe, good with just a dusting of icing sugar, but can also be glazed with either a chocolate glaze or white glaze.
A 12 cup Bundt Pan is needed for this chocolate bundt cake recipe as it makes a very large cake.
If you prefer, bake the batter in 2 well greased loaf pans, that way one cake can be frozen for later use.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Beat 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat.
- Add evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Beat 2 minutes.
- Bake in greased and floured 12 cup Bundt Pan at 325 F for 1 1/2 hours, or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out on wire rack.
- When completely cool, sift a little bit of icing sugar over cake, or glaze with your preferred icing.
Top of Homemade German Chocolate Cake
Back To Best Cake Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page