Homemade Pound Cake Recipes
Here are two excellent homemade pound cake recipes enjoyed by young and old, which are great served with a glass of lemonade or wine.
Whether its the butter pound cake recipe with its light dusting of icing sugar, or the lemon pound cake recipe with its lemon glaze, good homemade pound cake recipes are sure to please, are fine in texture, and will stay moist if well wrapped. Pound cakes are excellent keepers for a week or two.
TIP: Lining of loaf pan with parchment paper is easy. Set the pan on the paper, outline with pencil or pen, then tip sideways and draw around each side. Cut out and line pan, making sure pan is well greased, so paper will stick to it.
Butter Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fine berry sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flour, scant
- 1 cup cornstarch, scant
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan, line with parchment paper.
- With electric mixer, cream butter, slowly add sugar, beat until fluffy and light in color.
- Add one egg at a time, beating well and scraping sides of bowl often.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into mixture a tablespoon at a time, until all is well combined. Mixture should be light and creamy.
- Spoon into lined loaf pan and bake in center of oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until toothpick when inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Lightly dust cold cake with icing sugar.
- Wrap cake well with plastic wrap to store.
Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
Top of Homemade Pound Cake Recipes
- Follow above recipe and method adding the following ingredients:
- Grated rind of one lemon and 1 tsp. lemon juice.
- Do not add the vanilla.
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted into bowl.
- Blend in fresh lemon juice, 1-2 tbsp., for consistency to your liking.
- Spread on cooled cake.
Back To Best Cake Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page