Homemade Strawberry Cake Recipe
In order to create this homemade strawberry cake recipe, one must have a flan pan. It is well worth the purchase as the pan can also be used to create other fruit cake recipes with any canned fruit or fresh fruit in season.
This fresh strawberry cake recipe also makes an excellent light dessert, especially when topped with whipping cream or cool whip for the calorie counters.
The cake itself is a fat free basic sponge cake recipe and topped with fresh strawberries and a glaze. It is an easy to make recipe.
Try it and enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 lbs. fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fruit juice or water
- 1 pkt. Dr. Oetker red glaze OR 1/4 cup fruit juice or water mixed with 1 tbsp. cornstarch and 1 tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease a flan pan well and flour, or spray liberally with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until thick and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in the water.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove immediately from pan and let cake cool.
- In the meantime prepare the strawberries, if large cut in half lengthwise.
- Arrange strawberries on cooled cake.
- Follow packet directions for glaze or bring 1 cup fruit juice or water to a boil.
- Stir in the cornstarch, sugar and juice or water mixture.
- Bring back to boil while stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
- Pour hot over strawberries on cake and let cool.
- When ready to serve, cut into pie shape pieces adding some whipped cream on top and enjoy.
Top of Homemade Strawberry Cake Recipe
Back to Best Cake Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page